Created with Photoshop and After Effects (and an iPhone camera)
10 projectors total, one for each wall and 6 for the floor.
Connected to two computers via VGA cables and Matrox TripleHead2Go and DualHead2Go units.
Surfaces mapped in QLab 3.
13 total speakers, 11 total sound outputs:
- 4 speakers in the four corners of the space, pointed into the corners, used for directional sound
- 3 speakers in central cluster, pointed at audience (controlled with a single output), used for loud sounds and mic effect
- 2 sub-woofers on opposite sides of the space
- 1 speaker above upstage door, used for sounds coming from the other side of the door
- 3 speakers underneath each section of audience seating, sneakily used for sounds of cell phones going off >:)
Various sounds of rhinoceroses in various moods trumpeting created with the help of Anna Ramon, french horn player. (See videos #1, #2, #4, and #5 above)
Rhinoceroses don't actually trumpet, but since the script repeatedly describes them as trumpeting, consider these to be symbolic supernatural "rhinoceroses", instead of real in-the-flesh rhinos.
Other sounds created by rhinoceroses. Created by affecting found sounds. (See videos #1, #2, and #5 above)
The sound of a rhinoceros horn smashing through a wooden door. Created by effecting and layering found sounds. (See video #1 above)
The sound of a fireman raising a ladder. Created by editing and affecting a found sound.
Absurd music used in and around the show.
- It's a Small World excerpt was used at the top of the show (Preshow was in silence)
- Suashi was looped during intermission
- This edit of Root of an Unfocus was used as subtle underscoring for scene 3 (See video #1 above)
- Daisy, Daisy was used for curtain call
See Video #1 above
(Note: the video was of final dress, and there was a minor issue with Jean's mic picking up Berenger when he ran offstage, which was solved by opening night)
1. Floor surface successfully mapped using a total of 6 projectors!
2. 10 projectors on a single grid
3. Two computers for projections, one for sound, and my laptop to remotely connect to all three of them.